Tuesday, June 16, 2009

You wanna win,lemme tell you--How?


Winners never quit, but quitters never win!

There was a young woman who had taken ballet lessons all through her childhood, & now she felt that she was ready to commit herself to the study & discipline necessary to make a career of it. She wanted to be a prima ballerina, but first she wanted to be sure that she had a special talent. So when the ballet company came to town she went backstage after the performance & spoke to the ballet master."I want to be a great ballerina," she said, "but I don't know if I have the talent."
"Dance for me," the master said, & after only a minute or so he shook his head. "No, no," he said. "You don't have what it takes."The young woman went home, heartbroken. She tossed her ballet slippers in the closet & never wore them again. Instead, she got married & had babies, & when the kids were old enough she took a part-time job running a cash register at the convenience store.Years later she attended the ballet, & on the way out she ran into the old master, now in his eighties. She reminded him that they had spoken before. She showed him photos of her kids & told him about the job at the convenience store, & then she said, "There's just one thing that's always bothered me. How could you tell so quickly that I didn't have what it takes?""Oh, I barely looked at you when you danced," he said. "That's what I tell all of them who come to me.""But that's unforgivable, " she cried. "You ruined my life. Maybe I could have been a great prima ballerina.""No, I don't think so," said the old master. "If you had had what it takes you wouldn't have paid any attention to what I said."

* * * € ¦ € ¦ If you think you are beaten, you are.

€ ¦ If you think you dare not, you don't.

€ ¦ If you'd like to win, but think you can't,

€ ¦ It's almost a cinch you won't.

€ ¦ € ¦ Life's battles don't always go

€ ¦ To the stronger or faster man;

€ ¦ But sooner or later the man who wins

€ ¦ Is the one who thinks he can

To enhance your knowledge regarding your health, financial and monetary conditions and wisdom, keep visiting Health, Wealth and Wisdom


To keep yourself updated regarding Dehradun and the world, please visit Doonspot

pic courtesy:http://www.coloradoavalanchecares.com, 

No comments:

Post a Comment