Friday, April 26, 2013

WHAT MAKES AMERICAN STATES SO SPECIAL?

*received in email....good to share

ALABAMA ... Was the first place to have 9-1-1, started in 1968. 

ALASKA ... One out of every 64 people has a pilot's license. 

ARIZONA ... Is the only state in the continental U.S.
that doesn't follow Daylight Savings Time. 



You may also like to read : 10 facts about Albert Einstein


ARKANSAS ... Has the only active diamond mine in the U.S. 

CALIFORNIA . Its economy is so large that if it
were a country, it would rank seventh in the entire world. 

COLORADO ... In 1976 it became the only state to turn
down the Olympics. 

CONNECTICUT ... The Frisbee was invented here at
Yale University. 

DELAWARE ... Has more scientists and engineers than
any other state. 

FLORIDA .... At 759 square miles, Jacksonville is the
U.S.'s largest city. 

GEORGIA ... It was here, in 1886, that pharmacist
John Pemberton made the first vat of Coca-Cola. 

HAWAII ... Hawaiians live, on average, five years
longer than residents in any other state. 


You may also like to read : Some factsabout Human Brain

IDAHO ... TV was invented in Rigby, Idaho, in 1922. 

ILLINOIS ... The Chicago River is dyed green every
St. Patrick's Day. 

INDIANA ... Home to Santa Claus, Indiana, which gets
a half million letters to Santa every year. 

IOWA ... Winnebagos get their name from Winnebago County. Also, it is the only state that begins with two vowels. 

KANSAS ... Liberal, Kansas, has an exact replica of the
house in The Wizard of Oz. 


For news about Dehradun, India and the whole World, please visit Doonspot
For latest jobs - Government and Private, do visit The Jobs Portal
For delicious recipes, please take a look at Khao Piyo Jiyo
For articles on blogging, online money making, funny, games, one-liners, social and political, movies, do visit The Writer
 
KENTUCKY ... Has more than $6 billion in gold underneath
Fort Knox. 

LOUISIANA ... Has parishes instead of counties because
  they were originally Spanish church units. 

MAINE ... It's so big, it covers as many square miles
as the other five New England states combined. 

MARYLAND ... The Oujia board was created in
Baltimore in 1892. 

MASSACHUSETTS ... The Fig Newton is named after
Newton, Massachusetts. 

MICHIGAN ... Fremont, home to Gerber, is the baby
food capital of the world. 
 



MINNESOTA ... Bloomington' s Mall of America is so big,
if you spent 10 minutes in each store, you'd be there nearly four days. 

MISSISSIPPI ... President Teddy Roosevelt refused
to shoot a bear here ... that's how the teddy bear got its name. 

MISSOURI ... Is the birthplace of the ice cream cone. 

MONTANA .. A sapphire from Montana is in the
Crown Jewels of England. 

NEBRASKA ... More triplets are born here than in
any other state. 

NEVADA .... Has more hotel rooms than any other
place in the world. 
 

You may also like to read : Some Interesting facts....

NEW HAMPSHIRE ... Birthplace of Tupperware,
invented in 1938 by Earl Tupper. 

NEW JERSEY ... Has the most shopping malls in one
area in the world. 

NEW MEXICO ... Smokey the Bear was rescued from
a 1950 forest fire here. 

NEW YORK ... Is home to the nation's oldest cattle ranch, started in 1747 in Montauk. 

NORTH CAROLINA .. Home of the first Krispy Kreme doughnut. 

NORTH DAKOTA ... Rigby, North Dakota, is the exact geographic center of North America. 
 

You may also like to read : Beautifulpics with cool words

OHIO ... The hot dog was invented here in 1900. 

OKLAHOMA ... The grounds of the state capital are
covered by operating oil wells. 

OREGON ... Has the most ghost towns in the country. 

PENNSYLVANIA ... The smiley, :) was first used in 1980
by computer scientists at Carnegie Mellon University.
 

You may also like to read : Wallpapersand cool dialogues


RHODE ISLAND . The nation's oldest bar, the
White Horse Tavern, opened here in 1673. 

SOUTH CAROLINA ... Sumter County is home to the
world's largest gingko farm. 

SOUTH DAKOTA ... Is the only state that's never had an earthquake. 

TENNESSEE ... Nashville's Grand Ole Opry is the longest
running live radio show in the world. 

TEXAS ... Dr. Pepper was invented in Waco back in 1885. 
 

You may also like to read : Graffiti...

UTAH ... The first Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant
opened here in 1952. 

VERMONT ... Montpelier is the only state capital without
a McDonald's. 

VIRGINIA .... Home of the world's largest office building ...
The Pentagon. 

WASHINGTON .... Seattle has twice as many college
graduates as any other state. 

WASHINGTON D.C. ... Was the first planned capital
in the world. 

WEST VIRGINIA ... Had the world's first brick paved
street, Summers Street, laid in Charleston in 1870. 

WISCONSIN ... The ice cream sundae was invented here
in 1881 to get around Blue Laws prohibiting ice cream from being sold on Sundays. 

WYOMING ... Was the first state to allow women to vote.


Now tell me you knew all of that ..Huh....http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/05.gif ...

21 comments:

  1. I read this article fully concerning the difference of hottest and earlier technologies, it's amazing article.

    Also visit my page :: Https://Message.diigo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have
    any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you

    My web-site: http://www.burschenverein-Sauerlach.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always spent my half an hour to read this web site's articles or reviews daily along with a cup of coffee.

    my homepage - groth hormone

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the amazing works guys I've you guys to blogroll.

    my site independent male enhancement reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are a group of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our
    community. Your site provided us with useful
    info to work on. You've done an impressive process and our entire neighborhood can be grateful to you.

    Look at my blog post :: http://altawhite.eklablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hardly drop responses, however after reading a few of
    the remarks here "WHAT MAKES AMERICAN STATES SO SPECIAL?".
    I do have 2 questions for you if you do not mind. Is it simply me or do a few of these remarks look like
    they are left by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at
    other social sites, I'd like to follow you. Could you post a list of every one of all your public pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

    my web site: male enhancement exercises free

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not resist commenting. Very well written!

    Take a look at my blog; xtreme no

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this weblog on regular basis to obtain updated from newest reports.

    Here is my site; supplements for breast enhancement

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't refrain from commenting. Well written!

    my web page coorms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I savor, lead to I discovered exactly what I was looking for.
    You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

    Also visit my web-site buy eazol

    ReplyDelete
  11. This article is actually a nice one it assists new internet
    users, who are wishing for blogging.

    My blog post - Buy Total Curve

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Many thanks, However
    I am encountering difficulties with your RSS. I don't understand the reason why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there anyone else having identical RSS issues? Anybody who knows the solution will you kindly respond? Thanx!!

    Have a look at my web site http://www.carolinasites.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this site. I am hoping to see the same high-grade content from you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own website now ;)

    my web blog african mango plus pills Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  14. bookmarked!!, I love your blog!

    my blog post; buy revitol

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post is worth everyone's attention. When can I find out more?

    Visit my web site: provillus sale

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got this web site from my buddy who shared with me regarding this
    web page and now this time I am browsing this website
    and reading very informative posts at this time.

    my blog: buy Genf20 plus

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not sure why but this weblog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.



    My homepage: beep.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very energetic article, I loved that bit. Will there be a part
    2?

    Also visit my web blog - http://acaiberryselect.herbalcurenow.com/articles/benefits-?f-acai-berry-select

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!



    my site semenax pills

    ReplyDelete
  20. You should be a part of a contest for one of the best sites
    on the web. I will highly recommend this web site!



    Feel free to visit my webpage http://mcaf.ee/oj73k

    ReplyDelete
  21. Quality posts is the main to interest the users to pay a quick visit the web site, that's what this site is providing.

    Visit my blog post - Virility ex

    ReplyDelete